A few weeks ago I invited people to take part in a reader survey about West Ham and what you like or don’t like about this blog., The main message is that you’d like more regualr posts. You may have noticed an increase in frequency of posts of late as I try to heed your wishes! Anyway, here are some of the other findings. More than 500 took part, of which 97% are Hammers fans…
* 23% of you are season ticket holders, but 40% go to fewer than half of the home games. 27% never go to a game.
* More of you sit in the Dr Martens Stand (23%) than anywhere else in the ground and 22% of you go to a pub before the game.
* 37% of you visit this blog at least once a day. I intend to get that figure up to 60% within 3 months!
* 34% of you expect Alan Curbishley to be sacked before the end of the season
* 35% believe Dean Ashton will be Hammer of the Year and 22% Lucas Neill
* 40% of you believe we should move to a new stadium in London Docklands. Only 14% reckon we should stay at Upton Park come what may, 13% want to go to the Olympic Stadium and 13% to a site nearer the M25
* 61% read the match day programme, 34% buy OLAS, 44% read Hammers News and 18% read Ex
* 88% of you visit the West Ham official site every day, 80% visit KUMB, 55% the West Ham News Now page, 35% teamtalk and 73% the BBC football pages
* 30% of you are aged between 36 and 45, the most popular age group. Only 3% are under 16. None of you are over 75!
* Rather shcokingly, only 3% of you are female!
* 50% of you thought Eggert Magnusson played a blinder in the Carlos Tevez affair, 29% thought we were lucky not to be relegated and 56% reckon the club should sue Terry Brown
* 40% voted for John Lyall as West Ham’s best ever manager with 34% opting for Ron Greenwood. Would the one person who voted for Glen Roeder please levae the room now?
This is the team you voted for as your best team of the last 15 years
Paolo Di Canio
* 33% of you named Tottenham as the team you most dislike in the Premiership.
* 15.3% of you voted for Portsmouth as your second favourite team, only 0.2% ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal (!)
* 59% voted for Phil Parkes as the best goalkeeper of the last 40 years, followed by Ludek Miklosko with 20%
And thank you to the 255 people who left comments and suggestions. They were all positive and constructive and I shall try to take most of the advice offered.